This semester is absolutely flying by! Monday I interviewed with two firms in Dallas, TX. I'm waiting to hear back from them, keeping my fingers crossed that there are positions available with one of those firms in Austin, TX. Still no word from Chicago; it's depressing. I keep telling myself that everything happens for a reason, so if nothing works out in Chicago, then it must be that the city's just not ready for me yet!
Meanwhile, back home in Louisiana, I've been looking to make a few last-minute getaways to those places unique to our state. Before I move away, I hope to tour the Abita Brewery, drive the scenic route to the Morganza Floodway, attend the Strawberry Festival in Ponchatoula, and of course, the Angola Prison Rodeo! I also want to spend a day or two touring our historic plantations. I love the sights and sounds of back-roads Louisiana!
This weekend we went to the levee to let the dogs run around. the water was up really high, so of course Tank spent most of his time sloshing around...I'm really glad I remembered to bring a towel for the drive home. Afterwards we had dinner at Zea's, which was very nice and tasty. After that we ended up at a friend's to watch The Kite Runner. wow. I woke up this morning still thinking about that movie. If you haven't seen it yet, go rent it (or read the book).
Have a good weekend!
::loren::
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment